Wednesday, October 11, 2017

The Dynamite Monster Hall of Fame; Count Morbida's Monster Quiz Book


Well, I missed a few days of the Countdown. Let's see how it goes the rest of the month! :)

Who remembers Dynamite Magazine from Scholastic Books? I loved that magazine when I was a kid. Here's a couple of monster books they put out:

The Dynamite Monster Hall of Fame
By Margaret Ronan ©1978

CONTENTS
Welcome
Meet the Count
Everybody's Favorite Monster
Monster Movies To Bug You
Larry Talbot and Other Werewolves
Go Get 'em, Godzilla!
Mummy's Day
Famous Monster Sayings
Monster Movie Monstrosities
Shock It To Me
How To Make Monsters
The Monster Hall of Fame Trivia Quiz

Count Morbida's Monster Quiz Book
By Suzanne Lord ©1980

CONTENTS
The Bat Yard
The Ghostly Ghastly Gallery
The Perilous Pain Parlor
The Den of Doom

I scanned this whole book back in 2008. You can find it here.





5 comments:

Caffeinated Joe said...

I do remember the magazine and the character, but not this specific issue. I am sure I read it and re-read it. Used to love going through them over and over again.

Dex said...

I think we need to launch a campaign to Scholastic to get some reprint trade paperbacks or something!

Tom said...

I subscribed to Dynamite for years, well beyond the target age group. I still have them and love to read through them.

Erick said...

Thanks for the comments, guys. A trade paperback is a wonderful idea!

Bob Johns said...

We have the Jonni loves Chachi one around here someplace